Re: sqlplus behaviour clarification : "could not resolve service name"

From: Alison Holloway <Xalison.holloway_at_oracle.comX>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:02:10 +1000

This isn't quite what you want, but might be useful. In SQL*Plus 9.2 the SQLPLUS -L command was introduced to not reprompt if the first connecttion fails. From the 9.2 release notes:

SQLPLUS -L Argument

There is a new command line argument for the SQLPLUS command, SQLPLUS -L which specifies not to reprompt for username or password if the initial connection does not succeed. This can be useful in operating-system scripts that must either succeed or fail. It is also useful for situations where you do not want to be reprompted for connection details if the Server is not running. This option is not available with the SQL*Plus for Windows graphical user interface.

Alison