Re: Heterogeneous service to MySQL

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 10 Apr 2003 06:55:58 -0700

PeterS <member9017_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<2749499.1049928950_at_dbforums.com>...
> Hello everybody!
> Does anybody know how to configure HS to connect from Oracle db
> to MySQL db.
> Particularly I need to know what agent to start and where to find it.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
>
> Peter.

I set HS up once to access MS-SQLServer from Oracle. No agent was required but a type 4 ODBC Oracle to SQLServer driver was. You have to get an ODBC driver for the hardware platform the database is on to access the target database. Depending on the ODBC driver level the driver may require an agent. That agent would come from you driver supplier.

We were on AIX and we used the driver from Data Direct. They have several. In theory Oracle will work with any ODBC driver that meets a certain level of requirements. You might want to go to metalink and look up the support documents on HS.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Apr 10 2003 - 08:55:58 CDT