Verifying data across 2 db

From: PoohPooh <poohpoohlai_at_yahoo.com.hk>
Date: 10 Apr 2003 02:17:07 -0700

I am doing a verification of the same set of data loaded to an Ingres DB and an Oracle DB. I wanted to do some kind of "checksum'. For numeric attributes (integer, float ...), it's easy. I can just do a summation of the numeric columns and compare the total across the 2 db. However, I have trouble with checking string attributes (char, varchar ...). Summation won't work on string attributes. Is there any good suggestion? Received on Thu Apr 10 2003 - 04:17:07 CDT