Re: Oracle Distributed Transactions

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 19:11:00 +0200

On 8 Apr 2003 05:09:03 -0700, karen.mcdonagh_at_singularity.co.uk (Karen) wrote:

>Can anyone tell me if oracle supports distributed transactions?
>
>I am trying to execute the following
>
>set transaction read write
> insert into a remote table via a DB Link - This should succeed
> insert into a remote table via a DB Link - This should fail
>commit;
>
>The second one fails but the first one is not rolled back..
>
>I have already set the ODBC connection to disable MTS support.
>
>Am I missing something?
>
>Any information would be greatly appreciated.
>Karen

Rollback due to error is *always* and has been since release 6 *statement* level rollback. So nothing is wrong, if you require the transaction to be rolled back you need appropiate exception handling.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 12:11:00 CDT