Re: DBA Experience in Brazil?

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 7 Apr 2003 01:17:21 -0700

Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.18f751db563cc71f989717_at_news.la.sbcglobal.net>...
> I know an experienced DBA from Romania who is having difficulty finding
> a job here in Southern California. It's not that he isn't qualified,
> it's that few employers here speak Romanian. So they can't call any of
> his former employers to confirm his skills. He told me he wishes he had
> asked his Romanian employer for a letter of recommendation (or something
> similar) before he left Romania. Something he could get translated into
> English and have it notarized as an accurate translation. Then at least
> he could include that with his resume.

That sounds strange. I do not know situation in Romania (I've been there last time 15 years ago), but I think that guy on manager level everywhere in the world should know English (more or less), so there should be no problem to call from California and ask him about opinion. Maybe his English wouldn't be perfect, but should be sufficient for conversation.
English in nowadays world is something like latin in Europe one two centuries before, an educated man should know it. :-)

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.