Re: Oracle Client Sever with Delphi 7

From: Gabriel Gonzalez <no-spam_at_no-spam.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 07:40:00 -0800

I use what you describe and it works perfectly.

  1. How do you know your Oracle setup is "functioning correcty"? Do you mean you can connect with SQL Plus?
  2. Are you leaving the server field empty when you try to connect (as you sshould when you are connecting to a local DB)?
  3. What drivers/access methodology are you using to connect to Oracle (ODBC, CrLab's ODAC, ADO, etc...)?

"RPelley581" <rpelley581_at_aol.com> wrote in message news:20030405035220.08692.00000526_at_mb-fq.aol.com...
> I have installed Oracle 9i Server and Oracle 9i Client on the same machine
> using a common ORACLE_HOME. The server configuration is fine but when I
attempt
> to connect to the database from Delphi 7 I get Oracle Error : No Listener.
The