Oracle Client Sever with Delphi 7

From: RPelley581 <rpelley581_at_aol.com>
Date: 05 Apr 2003 08:52:20 GMT

I have installed Oracle 9i Server and Oracle 9i Client on the same machine using a common ORACLE_HOME. The server configuration is fine but when I attempt to connect to the database from Delphi 7 I get Oracle Error : No Listener. The listener on the server is functioning correctly with a handler for the instance that I want to connect to.

I need to have the server and client on the same machine for development purposes. Have I made a mistakle by using a common ORACLE_HOME ?

Any practical advice on how to set up Client/Server for Delphi 7 would be much appreciated. Received on Sat Apr 05 2003 - 02:52:20 CST