Re: Personal Abuse

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 16:51:07 GMT

n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk said...
> From where I am standing the recent conversation threads with comments such
> as 'moron', 'pathetic' and suggestions that we ring up and abuse others
> reflect badly on both the posters making such remarks *and* on the Oracle
> community. I have no problem with people taking issue with others on
> technical matters, on calling people on racism or sexism or making
> suggestions that posts might better belong in another place, You will
> probably find that I have done all of the above myself, but please can we
> treat each other with respect, there is enough room for heated argument on
> the issues thrown up by Oracle software without resorting to name calling
> and threats.
>

> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK

Thanks Niall! Respect might be old-fashioned, but we still need it.

Though I doubt your post will convert the abusers, it's nice every so often to be reminded that we're all part of the same human family ... and should treat others accordingly. One of my favorite sayings is from the Lakota ... a Native American (Sioux) tribe ... Mitakuye oyasin ... which, loosely translated, means "We are all relatives."

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA