Re: Mike Warren

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 16:32:48 GMT

don_at_burleson.cc said...
> This MPW fellow appears to be Michael P. Warren, a legitimate Oracle
> DBA with the mind-set of a KKK member.
>
> In the thread titled "jobs" in comp.database.oracle, Mike Warren
> writes:
>
> Don't forget the 340,000 plus I/T jobs that have either been shipped
> overseas or slopped to towelheads so companies won't have to pay for
> quality
> and thorough professionals (as taught in the major U.S. universities).
>
> If you are a "towelhead", you can e-mail our friend Mike Warren at
> michaelwarren_at_funwithdata.com, or you can get his phone number from
> Google and give him a call. I'm sure he would love to hear from you.
>
> Have fun . . . .

I wonder what he would say about us retired folks (I assume there's more than just me) who return to work as DBAs at a much lower salary (because it's offset by my retirement income). The company I work for got quite a deal, salary-wise.

Perhaps Mike would suggest I go to Iraq and, like some canary, stand at the front lines to check for the use of biological weapons. If I live, no biology; if I die, oh well, just one less old goat in the world. I sure hope the US military doesn't read this and think it's a wonderful idea. :)

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA