problem connecting to database on different server

From: tss <thomas.schuchardt_at_abbnm.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2003 08:16:40 -0800

I am trying to connect from a unix machine to a database on a different unix machine from a program written in C++.

We can connect to this machine from java using a

connectstring of : jdbc:oracle:thin:@machinename:1521:web

I have tried various permutations of this string without success in the following snippet of code:

    Environment *env = Environment::createEnvironment (Environment::DEFAULT);     string url = "jdbc:oracle:thin:@machinename:1521:web";     Connection *conn = env->createConnection ("user", "pass", url);

I get a "ORA-06401: NETCMN: invalid driver designator" error message when the createConnection method is run.

Does anyone know the proper method of formatting the connection string to make this work?

Thanks in advance,

Tom S Received on Fri Apr 04 2003 - 10:16:40 CST