Re: OCI Application compatibility

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 14:32:41 GMT

It isn't clear from your post but reading between the lines it sounds like you are changing the client software, the version that is. If you keep changing the client software version then you are going to have to relink and recompile. Usually an Oracle client will work with a later version of the Oracle database. (eg 9.1 client will work with 9.2 Oracle database) In those situations you would not ahve to recompile. Certainly, if they have patched something in the client or you need some new feature in a later client then you would have to relink, recompile. Otherwise you could run with the older client - the one your application was copiled with, against the newer Oracle version.
Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure