Empty report (no data) how to detect in CR 9, VB6 and Oracle

From: Wim de Lange <w.delange_at_alcontrol.nl_nospam>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 15:19:14 +0200

At this moment I'm trying to create a Crystal Report 9.0 on a Oracle 8.1.7 stored procedure. It works good, no problem there.

There is this main program (not the crviewer) in Visual Basic 6 that fills in the parameters in the report and then runs the report (using the viewer and sending it to a pdf file).

This program must run without user intervention. It is for generating reports to several destinations.

What I found impossible to do is to detect if there is no data in the report. Is there a way to do this?

A solution I was considering is using another connection to the oracle database and run the query again (twice) by using some information from the report.
crReport.SQLQuerySting has the following value:

        BEGIN "LIMS"."CR_SAMCOLPAGE"(:P_CURSOR, 41, 'NL'); END ; Can someone design a pl/sql and vb program so that I can rerun this query and that it gives back the number of records?

--

Groetjes,
   Wim de Lange