Changing Foreign Key Entry

From: Nicolas Bronke <bronke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 20:34:16 +0200

In a database there are existing a foreign key. The fieldtype is Varchar2. Now one entry of the foereign key shall be changed, because of a misspelling in the reference table and therefore also in the detail tables.

I thought I have to disable the foreign key, change the value and enable the foreign key again.

Now someone told me that there is also another way via a trigger on the reference table. Is that true?

Regards
Nicolas Received on Thu Apr 03 2003 - 12:34:16 CST