Oracle 9iAS problem

From: Martin Hopkins <mh579_at_bluecarrots.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 19:46:33 +0100

Could you please help with this enquiry.

We have just installed Oracle 9iAs Release 2 onto Nt4 SP6a servers. One sever is the Domain PDC with the database installed, 2nd server is the BDC with Apps installed and the 3rd servere is the Infra structure server, with DNs installed.

However runing the Oracle Application is very very slow!! We are advised the network speed of 10MB/sec is the reason and we require 100Mb/sec. As all other networks in the area are 10 MB/sec with 1000's of users I am spetical of the requirement to upgrade to 100MB/sec.

The database was built with 500MB Datafiles and 100MB redo logs which seems very learge compared to our Oracle 8 database. Is this causing problems.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Martin Hopkins Received on Wed Apr 02 2003 - 12:46:33 CST