Re: Saving a constant into the Oracle schema?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 17:02:37 GMT

The way you ask this question, I wonder whether we are using the same definition of 'database' or 'schema'.

The only situation similar to yours that I can envision makes me believe you say "database" when you mean "table". I have noted that many programmers with VB experience and especially those with MS-Access experience will use this definition. The following assumes you mean "table" ...

If you are trying to get a default value into a column you may want to consider using the column's 'default' capability. If you are need to change that default value once a year, make it part of your annual procedure to alter the table/column default setting. That would totally eliminate programming effort.

HTH
/Hans Received on Wed Apr 02 2003 - 11:02:37 CST