Re: Linking Fortran with embedded SQL

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:24:00 GMT

Thomas Mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have following problem: There is an old program that used to run on VMS
> but has to be recompiled now for UNIX. The program uses embedded SQL
> statements. So I pre-compiled it, and that worked. But now I'm trying to
> link the .o files and that doesn't work. According to the error message,
> there are undefined symbols in different files, like "sqlglm_", "sqlfx7
> _", etc.
>
> So some libraries are missing. As DB I'm using an Oracle 8.1.6 and
> sometimes an Oracle 8.1.7. But when I add the paths for either of the
> libraries (never both), it doesn't find the files. Could anybody please
> help me. Thanks in advance,
>
> Thomas Mitchell

haven't done FORTRAN in so long 8^(

Can you correctly compile a proC program?

Are you using the makefiles supplied by ORACLE with the ProFORTRAN precompiler??

last possibility, were those libraries installed? (seems like they should have been with the precompiler)

HTH

--
Ed Prochak
running: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/running-faq/