How can I convert strings efficiently?

From: Guido Konsolke <Guido.Konsolke_at_triaton.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:14:50 +0200

Hello everyone,

current environment: 8.1.7.0.0 Enterprise Edition.

I've a little problem I can't solve nicely. I want to replace everything in a string with NULL that isn't a letter or a number.

I try to avoid writing something like
replace(replace(replace...))).

I know there must be a better way, but can't figure it out since I don't code that much nowadays (or am to dumb). A quick search on google and asktom didn't satisfy me.

If a nice person could give me a hint I would be grateful.

Greetings,
Guido Received on Wed Apr 02 2003 - 05:14:50 CST