Re: OEM 9.2 Linux RedHat 8

From: Chris Leonard <s_p_a_m_chris_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 16:09:32 -0600

Yes, but it was a pain, and I am getting a lot of segmentation faults when connecting to any DB that is not local. Unfortunately, there is not much talk online about how to solve these problems that I have been able to find. I mean, you'll find lots of discussions about fixing seg. faults with 9i / RH8, but none of them have actually fixed my problems.

I know that usually we try to chime in with "encouraging" answers of how to make things work. But sometimes it's good to know that a road might have potholes *before* you try to drive on it. In my case, I was already running 8i on the box, and what I really wanted was to get 9i server running, so my result is bearable. However, if I were starting over, I would build the box as one of the supported versions of RH.

Having said all that, here are a couple of sites with good instructions if you do try to proceed: http://www.idevelopment.info/ (click the Oracle link and then the DBA Tips link, then search for "Installing" on the resulting page), http://www.puschitz.com/, and
http://thomasfly.com/Oranux/Oracle9i.htm. Good luck!

--
Cheers,
Chris

Chris Leonard, The Database Guy
http://www.databaseguy.com

Brainbench MVP for Oracle Admin
http://www.brainbench.com

MCSE, MCDBA, OCP, CIW

"Achille Carette" <acarette_nospam_at_aprico-consult.com> wrote in message

> Has somebody ever managed to install and run Enterprise Manager 9.2 on
Linux