Saving a constant into the Oracle schema?

From: Thomas <T_at_T>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:02:20 -0500

Hello; I'd like to save a constant value into the Oracle schema. The value gets changed mid-year, and isn't based on the date. Is there a way to save this value? I have programs into which I'm either hardcoding the value, or referencing the registry, or basing the value on something in the record. Basically I'd like to do the following:

Current- save the value "34J9" into the database. This November- save the value "35J9" into the database Next November- save the value "35K0" into the database

Besides SQL*PLUS, I use VB6 w/ADO, VC++ 6 with OLE-DB 2.0, and IIS 5/ASP with custom COM components.

Thanks!

-T Received on Tue Apr 01 2003 - 11:02:20 CST