Re: Link table from Access to oracle by odbc fails

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 13:51:35 +0200

On 30 Mar 2003 03:42:35 -0800, idob_at_yaelsoft.com (Ido) wrote:

>I try to link table from access to oracle by "odbc for oracle".
>When I open the access and link the table - i see it well (which means
>that the ODBC is defined properly).
>THE PROBLEM is, when I close and re-open the Access, I get error
>message trying to open the link-table.
>
>The message is ora-12154 TNS: could not resolve service.
>
>It seems to me that Access fails saving some information about the
>link during closing due to permissions, but I have no idea what and
>where!
>
>Thank you.

12154 points to an incorrect tnsnames.ora on your client. This error has been discussed *MANY* times here. Please search the archives at http://groups.google.com, preferably before posting the question yet another time.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Mar 30 2003 - 05:51:35 CST