Error 0653-059 on reimport of a compressed export file.

From: Osbit <kpage_at_osbit.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 19:32:17 -0000

I have just run into a problem that I cannot find an answer for and was wondering if any could shed some light on it for me. I am working on an AIX 4.3 UNIX system running Oracle 8.0.6 and have just run the following to produce an export of a table :-

As root user I ran the following commands to setup a pipe and a compress process to read from it.

# mknod PIPE p

#
# nohup time compress < PIPE > tablename.dmp.Z

Then as the Oracle user I ran the following export command

# nohup time exp user/password buffer=52428800 tables=tablename rows=y
log=tablename_exp.log file =PIPE

This ran ok and the export log file finished without errors.

I then dropped the table as I needed to rebuild the tablespace that it was created in, rebuild the tablespace and then tried to reload the table using the following commands :-

As root user I ran the following to setup an uncompress to the pipe

# nohup time uncompress < tablename.dmp.Z > PIPE &

Then as the Oracle user I ran the following import command

# nohup time imp user/password buffer=5248800 table=tablename rows=y
log=tablename_imp.log file=PIPE commit=y feedback=1000000 indexes=y &

This prompty returned the following error message :-

uncompress: 0653-059 The input file contains bad data; SIGSEGV signal received.

I am now in a situation where I have no table and cannot rebuild it. If anyone know of a way of resolving this error I would be very gratful to hear from you.

Many Thanks

Kevin Page. Received on Sat Mar 29 2003 - 13:32:17 CST