Re: uploading/downloading to oracle table

From: Michael Kuznetsov <mvk_at_servocomp.ru>
Date: 28 Mar 2003 02:16:24 -0800

Jonathan Voigt <jon.voigt_at_rogers.com> wrote in message news:<3E81DA7D.20073AE3_at_rogers.com>...
> Hi All.
>
> Can someone point me to some resources for develping a web-app that will
> upload/download files from an oracle table.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Jonathan,

There are many ways to work with Oracle database through Internet. I can point you some ways based on Oracle technologies

  1. Most simple and maybe the best way without any programming is using Oracle Portal. It's part of Oracle app server. In portal you can create pages and folders and store documents of any types with version control, security, find etc. Portal keeps all documents in Oracle database tables. There are API for accessing the documents. You can load Oracle IAS from technet.oracle.com.
  2. If you ready to write some program code Oracle provides two technologies: PL/SQL packages for web programming (if you PL/SQL programmer it could be comfortably for you) or Java frameworks in JDeveloper (there are definitely power frameworks but you need time to start).

Regards,
Michael
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Programming
http://www.brainbench.com Received on Fri Mar 28 2003 - 04:16:24 CST