OO4O Shared connection

From: Marcosis <mark_spamfree_j_at_marcus_spamfree_j.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 22:16:21 -0700

Using OO4O 2.3 I am tasked with taking two existing VB6 apps and have them share connections.
The existing apps are a standard .EXE and an activeX EXE, the standard EXE uses a shared class in the activeX EXE. Both have their own data classes, and their database access is currently totally separated.

The guy who tasked me with this says I should be able to create the Orasession in the standard EXE, then pass the name of the Orasession to the activeX EXE, which could then use it without then doing a createobject on the session, but then access the database otherwise independent of the standard EXE. He says both would still access the db independently, and just the named reference to the session would have to be passed.

I really don't want to waste time on something that won't work, and his scenario doesn't sound possible to me.

I have tried to find documentation on this subject but basically find nothing except that connections can be shared through a named session. I am thinking that for this to work, ALL database access would have to be through an activex exe that would create the session when needed and manage the connections for both apps.

Who (if either of us) is correct here? Is there some sample code available?

Thanks,

Mark. Received on Thu Mar 27 2003 - 23:16:21 CST