Re: Problem with Date in WHERE clause using Oracle via ODBC

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 07:34:04 +0000

David G Stevens wrote:

> As Billy mentions - of course this would be done in an ideal world, but...

Well, there are two kinds of people in the world. Those who accept things as they are. Those who don't and try to change it. All progress depends on the latter type. :-)

> I have no control over the database structure or how it got that way.

Yeah.. I know how that feels.

> My
> question again is can anyone suggest what could have changed (ODBC driver
> version or db settings) that would cause the "ugly" code to stop working
> when it had functioned perfectly well for some time.

The local PC's date format settings. Assuming that the NLS date format in Oracle had remained unchanged and you have not changed ODBC drivers.

> Once again - any answers appreciated.

Really? In cases like this I appreciate a glass of brandy much more. ;-)

--
Billy