Re: Package Cursor Question

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:21:34 -0800

E Richard Leiman & Eva wrote:

> Dear Group,
>
> Hi.
>
> I was reading the "Oracle PL/SQL Programming" book by Steven Feuerstein and
> am learning about cursors.
>
> My question deals with a cursor in a package.
>
> Can you show an example on how to call a cursor that resides inside a
> package from a Forms trigger? I will probably use a "when_button_pressed"
> trigger.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Truly,
> Richard

Not based on your description of what you want though I could likely make some guesses. Lets start with the basics.

  1. What verion of Oracle?
  2. What version of Forms?
  3. Are you referrring to using a REF CURSOR as an OUT parameter on a procedure for the form as opposed to connecting to a table or view?
  4. If not please provide a more carefully crafted explanation.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Mar 26 2003 - 23:21:34 CST