Re: ORA-03115 in heterogeneous installation

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:15:53 -0800

Matthias Meyer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> what may cause the ORA-03115 error in the following environment:
> Server: 8.1.7.4.0 on HP-UX,
> Client: 8.1.7 on Windows 2000,
> Application on client uses ODBC via the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle.
>
> The error occurs when the application tries to create some tables.
> Unfortunately I donīt know which statement or datatype exactly causes the
> error, because the error was reported to me by a customer.
> Are there any specialties to consider in the Net8 configuration on client or
> server in such heterogeneous installations?
>
> Hopefully someone has an idea or can give me a hint where to look for
> further information on this problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias

Based on what you posted it is impossible to help you. Would need to know of LOB columns are involved and other specific information. You need to either write a decent error handler for your app or your customer will have to document how the error is duplicated.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Mar 26 2003 - 23:15:53 CST