Re: BOOK

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:33:19 +1100

"Ryan" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote in message news:acrga.12011$ns6.584981_at_news2.east.cox.net...

> you wrote a chapter in Beginning Oracle Programmer... did you guys even
> bother to approach Oracle Press? Didnt they want you to publish for them
> since all of you work for Oracle?

Apropos the former web site, what I write has absolutely nothing to do with Oracle Corporation, though I have to seek permission to write anything these days. Books are just the same deal. Once permission has been sought and granted, *what* you right is pretty much down to the individual.

I was approached by Wrox, not the other way around. If Oracle Press would care to approach me, I'd consider their request... and then reject it. Their material is embarrasing, and I wouldn't particularly want to be associated with it.

Let me state again: Oracle Press have absolutely nothing to do with Oracle Corporation (as I understand it). They probably license the name, and that's about it. But they are not owned by Oracle Corporation as far as I am aware, and have nothing else in common either (accuracy being the first thing that springs to mind).

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Mar 26 2003 - 18:33:19 CST