Re: Oracle 8i, Trigger with Access 2000

From: Pkergoat <patrick.kergoat_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: 26 Mar 2003 07:30:51 -0800

Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<bhp18vsd2g2hkbdnjn70ntastnf80tdjij_at_4ax.com>...
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:38:17 +0100, "Patrick.Kergoat"
> <Patrick.Kergoat_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> >Hi !
> >Two servers oracle (A and B) are connected from afar, by a data base link.
> >The updating of a table on the server A reverberated by trigger on a table
> >retorted on the server B.
> >All is OK with Oracle.
> >I achieved a form under Access 2000 that update the table of the server A.
> >The tables Oracle are bound in Access.
> >When I achieve the updating, with the ACCESS form, on the field concerned by
> >the Trigger, I have a message of mistake indicating that the "data base
> >customer was not able to started of transaction", and that the trigger
> >generates a mistake at the time of the updating of the distant table.
> >
> >Solutions???
> >
> >Oracle 8i, Access 2000,
> >The local updating and function from afar if I use SQL + (Update + Commit)
> >Patrick
> >

> Looking in my crystal ball the only clue I see from your side is 'It
> doesn't work'. That won't provide any useful responses, you need to
> show the trigger code etc.
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Can your cristal ball answer with this informations :)

Error message

-2147467259 [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-02041 client datadabase did not begin transaction ORA-06512 at 'PATRICK.MAJPRIX' : ligne 2 ORA-04088 Error during execution of trigger 'PATRICK.MAJPRIX'

the trigger

BEGIN
update ventes.articles_at_venise.world
set art_pa = :new.art_pa, art_pv = :new.art_pv where art_num= :new.art_num;
 END; Received on Wed Mar 26 2003 - 09:30:51 CST