ORA-03115 in heterogeneous installation

From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer_antispam__at_softron.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:46:37 +0100

Hi all,

what may cause the ORA-03115 error in the following environment: Server: 8.1.7.4.0 on HP-UX,
Client: 8.1.7 on Windows 2000,
Application on client uses ODBC via the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle.

The error occurs when the application tries to create some tables. Unfortunately I donīt know which statement or datatype exactly causes the error, because the error was reported to me by a customer. Are there any specialties to consider in the Net8 configuration on client or server in such heterogeneous installations?

Hopefully someone has an idea or can give me a hint where to look for further information on this problem.

Regards,

Matthias Received on Wed Mar 26 2003 - 03:46:37 CST