Re: Problem with Date in WHERE clause using Oracle via ODBC

From: David G Stevens <David_at_les-arbres.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 07:24:20 -0000

For example:

WHERE TO_DATE(TO_CHAR(YEAR)||'.'||TO_CHAR(MONTH)||'.01,'YYYY.MM.DD') >= (d{'2000-05-01'})

The point being this was working and then it stopped working around mid February. I've seen a couple of similar sounding reports from earlier this year suggesting a bug in certain versions on the Oracle ODBC driver plus a suggestion that this syntax could be affected by date settings at the db end. I am trying to dignose remotely what could have changed in an application that has this type of SQL embedded in it.

Again - appreciate any help.

"Gabriel Gonzalez" <no-spam_at_no-spam.com> wrote in message news:v8ydnXJxt7FMdx2jXTWciA_at_giganews.com...
> Wihtout a sample code snippet we can tell you little. There are several
> ways of doinf date comparisons via ODBC, so that is not enough
information.

> "David G Stevens" <David_at_les-arbres.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I've seen a couple of reports of problems using date comparisons in
WHERE
> > clauses when querying Oracle via ODBC. Does anyone have details of
which
> > versions of the ODBC driver are affected or what else can cause this -
> e.g.
> > NLS default date format.
> >
> > The problem cropped up for me in mid February and I'm trying to figure
out
> > what may have been changed on either the client machine (ODBC drivers)
or