Re: sql query to filter out prepositions ie. 'the, a ...'

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:49:26 -0500

I've owned both a retail book business and a book wholesaler as well. Unless it's too late, you should really do what the rest of the industry does and not use leading articles in your title data. "The Lord of the Rings" is entered as "Lord of the Rings" or "Lord of the Rings (The)" in the title field. Including the leading articles will put you out of sync with an entire industry. Data gathered from any other source will not match what you have and will require you to recast it in your own format. And there will be times when you want the leading word to be A or The, i.e. "A is for Apple, B is for Ball"