Oracle 8i, Trigger with Access 2000

From: Patrick.Kergoat <Patrick.Kergoat_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:38:17 +0100

Hi !
Two servers oracle (A and B) are connected from afar, by a data base link. The updating of a table on the server A reverberated by trigger on a table retorted on the server B.
All is OK with Oracle.
I achieved a form under Access 2000 that update the table of the server A. The tables Oracle are bound in Access.
When I achieve the updating, with the ACCESS form, on the field concerned by the Trigger, I have a message of mistake indicating that the "data base customer was not able to started of transaction", and that the trigger generates a mistake at the time of the updating of the distant table.

Solutions???

Oracle 8i, Access 2000,
The local updating and function from afar if I use SQL + (Update + Commit) Patrick Received on Tue Mar 25 2003 - 03:38:17 CST