Re: Can I use a trigger?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 00:47:07 GMT

Are you saying 'both tables have foreign key constraint to the other'?

If so, probably the only way to get around this is to use 'deferred constraint' processing, which (I think) is a 9i feature, and even then I'm not sure.

Also, if so, I'm having a hard time visualizing the problem that you are trying to solve. (The only real one I know of is a true, fully defined, bi-directional, named, mandatory1-1 relationship). Please expand..... I suspect your design could be optimized.
/Hans Received on Mon Mar 24 2003 - 18:47:07 CST