Re: OT: ISV embedded DB license program closed?

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:22:19 +0100

Angie wrote:
> Hi all,
> Apologies for the non-technical question but I didn't know where else to go
> and our Oracle sales rep has still not gotten back to us after 2 weeks.
>
> One of our partners, Documentum, told us that Oracle is gonna end their
> embedded database program so future customers will have to buy the database
> at regular price. This is a huge increase in the purchase cost for the
> customer which mostly impacts the mid-sized businesses (large companies are
> probably ok).
>
> Does anyone have more details on this? Are they really closing the embedded
> DB license program? Thanks all.
>
> Angie K.

Over here, they just started a new sales promotion thing on just that. Would that be the final sprint, then? I doubt that.

However, noone else than Oracle can comment on that - contact them!

Outside US/Canada, go here: http://www.oracle.com/go/?&Src=1655060&Act=7 Check http://opn.oracle.com

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel