Re: SQLPlus & HTML page

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:49:10 +0300

"Finn Ellebaek Nielsen" <_remove_fen_remove__at_changegroup.dk> wrote in message news:3e7f3754$0$42606$edfadb0f_at_dread11.news.tele.dk...

> > I'm using a PL/SQL procedure (using the htp package) to create a html page.
> > I have no problem viewing this page using SQL Navigator but when I execute
> > the same procedure from SQL Plus I cannot see this page, even if I spool it.
> > The spool is empty.
> > Would you know how I can see this page?
>
> I hate to reply with the obvious -- but why do you want to view HTML in SQL
> Navigator and SQL*Plus? I guess the point by creating the HTML page is to
> view it in the browser using Oracle HTTP Server or Oracle9iAS?

...but if you definitely want to see that page in SQL*Plus, the following template would be of use:

set serveroutput on
exec procedure_generating_html_through_HTx(...) EXEC OWA_UTIL.SHOWPAGE The showpage procedure will dump contents of the HTP buffer through DBMS_OUTPUT and SQL*Plus will display it. Unlike SQL Navigator, SQL*Plus is not aware of HTP and has no internal support for it.