Re: pro C versus PL/SQL

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2003 12:42:41 GMT

Just a thought, Doesn't Oracle 9i PL/SQL have case/switch statements ? And if it does, I believe case statements are much faster than a whole bunch of if-then blocks.

Even with the Pro*C solution, I would turn all of the if-elseif stuff into switch statements.

We need more info. Is the performance a requirement or easy maintanability?

My 2 cents before coffee,
Cliff Received on Mon Mar 24 2003 - 06:42:41 CST