Re: I should report this egotistical response I received

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:16:03 GMT

amanda94621_at_yahoo.com said...
> Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote in message news:<uof45e3jg.fsf_at_hotpop.com>...
> >
> > It will be no skin off Sybrand's nose to killfile amanda, but amanda
> > will lose out on somebody who could help her.
>
> Thanks for the concern but do you realize that I can post under a
> different name and (from a different PC as well)?

You are absolutely right! You can make yourself very anonymous out here on the Net.

I once sat down at a PC in the local library that was still logged into someone's hotmail account. I could have ruined that person's reputation by sending a rude email from their account (I didn't though).

I know one guy who uses a "female" sounding name on NGs because he says he gets flamed far less often than if he used his real, male name. Sadly, that hasn't worked in your favor. BTW - for those who don't know, Karsten is a male name. :) So I'm open to flames. Yikes!

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA