Re: Don't understand why this fails.

From: Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_mro.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:35:12 -0500

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:16:22 +0300, "Vladimir M. Zakharychev" <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com> wrote:

>To test object visibility in SQL*Plus, issue SET ROLE NONE
>before issuing other SQL - this will disable all roles and you'll
>effectively be in the same environment as your PL/SQL programs
>(unless they're AUTHID CURRENT_USER, for which roles are
>active.)

ahh.. well, right now normally the users are authenticated with a user name and password. I set up my development system so it does not use the system machine login, but username and password, and that is how the applications connect. Am I missing something conceptual here?

There are actually two logins, and in the database creation scripts login 1 "grants" rights to login 2.

thanks
Jeff Received on Fri Mar 21 2003 - 07:35:12 CST