Re: I should report this egotistical response I received

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 20 Mar 2003 13:10:15 -0800

Sybrand Bakker (gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl) wrote:
: On 20 Mar 2003 06:58:11 -0800, amanda94621_at_yahoo.com (amanda) wrote:

: >When someone posts a question, the goal is to get maximun useful
: >repsonses.
: As there is only a tiny collection of people responding, *nothing* is
: gained by posting in multiple groups except getting maximum annoyance
: from the people responding.
:
: You are not thinking clearly: If I respond to a question, and I see
: *later on* someone has *already* responded to it in a different group,
: I just *wasted* free *volunteer* time.

Which is exactly what happens if people do not correctly cross-post. If a response was correctly cross-posted then you would have seen the response no matter which group you were viewing and no matter which group the other poster happened to be viewing when they responded.

Actually, your answer is bogus anyway for two other reasons anyway. One, you never see answers the moment they are posted. For any question you choose to answer there could be numerous other responses that you just haven't seen yet because of the time it takes for them to make it to your site. Two, how does someone elses answer make your effort a waste of time? You chose to spent a certain amount of your time and that time is gone no matter how many other people answer the question. If you're not willing to write off the time spent then don't spend it in the first place. Received on Thu Mar 20 2003 - 15:10:15 CST