Re: I should report this egotistical response I received

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:24:24 -0800

amanda wrote:

> Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<q0ni7v4g8kde3g1s6daapf3nuu0473gn63_at_4ax.com>...
> > On 19 Mar 2003 15:25:46 -0800, yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca (Malcolm
> > Dew-Jones) wrote:
> >
> > >Oh hogwash. Cross posting is fine, that's the official word from the
> > >various faqs posted in various new.[admin...] groups. Also, if a reader
> > >uses a sensible reading tool then they do not need to read the article
> > >multiple times.
> >

> > *YOUR* response is hogwash and crap. The tiny set of people responding
> > here is monitoring all the three Oracle newsgroups. To them it is
> > definitely a bore and waste of time to detect someone else responded
> > to the same question in a different newsgroup.
> > A newsreader usually doesn't detect *multi*post, which is posting the
> > same message, or with slight variations to multiple groups.
> > Please do not invite people to start using or continue using bad
> > habits.
> >

> When someone posts a question, the goal is to get maximun useful
> repsonses. Posting in multiple groups (that are relevant to the
> topic) accomplises that.
>
> I believe that some of you are not thinking clearly what is mor
> important.
>
> Beside, can people's memory so bad that they can't remember that they
> already read a particular thread somewhere else when they see the
> title? Then my pity on them.
>

> > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
> >
> > To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address

Dear Amanda,

Enough is enough! You have made your point: Repeatedly. Some may agree some may disagree. That is the right of each and every one of us and we can make up our own minds.

If you wish to continue this please have the courtesy to take it off-line.

Thank you.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Mar 20 2003 - 10:24:24 CST