Re: Connecting VB6 and Oracle 8i in the same machine.

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:16:18 -0800

sivakami wrote:

> Hi,
> Iam a fresher. I want to do a project in VB6. For that I want to use
> Oracle8i as Back end. Iam having Windows 2000 server and Windows 98 in
> my PC(Dual Boot System). Oracle 8i is installed in Windows 2000
> server. When I used to connect through ADODB it is saying that no
> listener. Please explain me how to connect VB and Oracle 8i. Please
> explain me the process from starting. Thanks and Regards. Sivakami

The listener should be a service and should be set to autostart in Control Panel services.

If not you can manually start it in the Oracle bin directory with: lsnrctl start

But my suspicion is that the listener either isn't installed, isn't configured, or other. I would suggest you go to http://docs.oracle.com and read up on the installation and configuration.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Mar 20 2003 - 00:16:18 CST