unable to set time zone

From: Michael Blaser <miblaser_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:15:27 +0100

Oracle 9i Release 2 (9.2.0.1) Enterprise Edition for Windows NT/2000/XP on Windows 2000 Server SP3

I have a problem with the time zone on my oracle db server. The time zone isn't correct, in the documentation is written that the db takes the time zone from the os, which in my case is windows 2000 server. But the time zone is different. So I tried to change the time zone with the following statement:

ALTER DATABASE SET TIME_ZONE = 'Europe/London';

But that doesn't works at all, even exactly that statement is written in the documentation, I get the error:

ORA-02231 missing or invalid option to ALTER DATABASE

In the documentation is written:Cause: An option other than ADD, DROP, RENAME, ARCHIVELOG, NOARCHIVELOG, MOUNT, DISMOUNT, OPEN, or CLOSE is specified in the statement.

Action: Specify only legal options.

I don't know any further . . . anybody any ideas?!?!

thx Mike Received on Wed Mar 19 2003 - 13:15:27 CST