Don't understand why this fails.

From: Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_mro.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:02:45 -0500

Greetings.

I am trying to use sqlplus to compile a stored procedure on Oracle 8.1.7. Greetings.

I am getting an error when I try, in sql plus, to compile a stored procedure on my system. Could someone explain it? I know it says: " insufficient privileges or does not exist", but I think the select query shows it does exist, and further, I am logged in as schema owner, so that should give me the rights.

Thanks for your guidence,
Jeff Kish

(Here is my sql plus session)

SQL> connect TheSystem/TheSystem
Connected.
SQL> select * from user_source where
  2 name like 'MXO_MM2%' and rownum < 2;

NAME                           TYPE               LINE
------------------------------ ------------ ----------
TEXT
MXO_MM2_ITM_SP                 PROCEDURE             1
PROCEDURE MXO_MM2_ITM_SP(ItmRec IN OUT MAX_MM2_INTERFACE%RowType)

SQL> SET SERVEROUTPUT ON
SQL> BEGIN
  2 DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE(2000000);dbms_ddl.alter_compile( 'PROCEDURE', 'TheSystem', 'MXO_MM2_ITM_SP' );   3 END;
  4 /
BEGIN
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-20000: Unable to compile PROCEDURE "TheSystem"."MXO_MM2_ITM_SP", insufficient privileges or does not exist
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DDL", line 73
ORA-06512: at line 2

SQL> Received on Wed Mar 19 2003 - 13:02:45 CST