Re: moving tables from one tablespace to another

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:48:17 +0100

harish wrote:
> in my oracle 8i database, when database is exported from one user A
> (default tablespace a) and imported in a different user B (default
> tablespace a), the tables that are imported in the user B is been
> storing in tablespace A. But i want it to be stored in tablespace B
> which is the default tablespace of user B.
> Now how to solve this problem?
> what is the sql statement for moving a table from one tablespace to
> another?

Both Andrew and osy45 are right, but there is an easier way: make sure the user B has no rights to write in tablespace A: alter user B quota 0 on A;
imp will _try_ to put the table in ts A, but is denied access. In that case, tables end up in the default user's tablespace, being ts B.

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel