Re: is learning MS access beneficial to learn oracle and sql server?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:22:53 -0800

Karsten Farrell wrote:

> aaron_kempf_at_hotmail.com said...
> > and just for the record, in the 20 jobs i have worked in the past 5
> > years-- i have seen something like a dozen FT Oracle Developers, and
> > probably something like 1000 Access Developers--
> >
> Interesting statistics! However, in the who knows how many jobs I've had
> in the past 50 years (yes, I'm that old), I've NEVER met an Access
> developer; but I've met plenty of Oracle developers. What does that
> mean? Nothing, actually. Just that you and I have had different work
> experience ... and that you can make statistics say anything you want.
> --
> /Karsten
> DBA > retired > DBA

Then lets take this out of the realm of personal anecdotes and show some real research numbers:

Dice.com unrestricted search
Access Jobs 2,020 (and I just searched under the word some my relate to accessing not the product)
Oracle Jobs 3,505

Monster.com unrestricted search

Access Jobs                   >5,000
Microsoft Access Jobs    3,496
Access Developer Jobs      459
Oracle Jobs                    >5,000
Oracle Developer Jobs      1,026

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Mar 19 2003 - 10:22:53 CST