Explaination of Different Device Drivers ....

From: AspirantGujju <marmikshah_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2003 17:05:20 -0800

Hi Everyone
I have just joined this knowledge sharing community. I am novice learner in the field of Databases but quickly adapt to the new things.

I would like to know the clear and exact difference between the following device drivers that are categorized in the following manner.

  1. JDBC-ODBC bridge plus and ODBC driver
  2. Native API partly-Java Driver.
  3. JDBC-Net pure Java Driver
  4. Native Protocol pure Java Driver..

I am writing in lieu of the JDBC. I am refering the book of JDBC API tutotial but not quite able to get the differences between above of these drivers.

Please enlighten me
with regards
AspirantGujju Received on Tue Mar 18 2003 - 19:05:20 CST