Re: is learning MS access beneficial to learn oracle and sql server?

From: Trevor Best <sithlord_at_besty.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:22:45 +0000

On 18 Mar 2003 10:53:34 -0800, in message <bbea23b7.0303181053.9a25edd_at_posting.google.com>, amanda94621_at_yahoo.com (amanda) wrote:

>Should I get a book on MS ACCESS (I have 2002 software) and if so,

Check that CD it probably comes with MSDE, which is the desktop version of SQL Server (with user support, database size and replication restrictions).

But in answer to the subject line, not really, Access uses SQL as a language but the similarity more or less ends there. The actual syntax of the SQL you can write in Access is different from SQL Server or Oracle too. Start as you mean to go on.

--
Often statistics are used as a drunken man uses lampposts -
for support rather than illumination.

(replace sithlord with trevor for email)