Re: Remote DBA Service and fixed price Implementation service

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:43:25 -0800

Kim Chee wrote:

> ThinkSpark is the Nation's leading and oldest provider of remote
> Oracle database management and support services. Our Data
>
> Management Solutions (DMS)team can provide performance tuning,
> security checks, back-up and recovery, configuration
>
> management, server upgrades, application patches, capacity planning,
> and space management to ensure your DBMS is healthy and
>
> is able to grow in line with your business.
>
> Some of our standard features are
> - 7X24 Support for mission critical databases
> - Senior Level Oracle Database Administrators
> - Proactive management designed to reduce downtime
> - Redundant staff so that neither illness nor vacations degrades
> your support. (A team of DBAs is assigned not just one individual)
> - State of Health tool suite that notifies the DBA of minor problems
> before they become major problems.
>
> What is your ROI?
> Our DMS services offer several benefits to our clientele:
> - Our unique, fixed fee Database Administration Service insulates
> the client from fee fluctuations due to service interruptions
> and stabilizes budget expenditures
> - The exclusion of maintenance time allows internal technical
> resources to focus on new projects and increases both morale
> and retention.
>
> Our support packages start at just $450 per month and can be tailored
> to your exact needs.
>
> If you are interested in obtaining more information please contact me:
> Scott Wojan
> email: (scott.wojan -at- thinkspark.com)
>
> We also offer fixed price implementation Services:
> - Database Installation $1500
> - Backup and Recovery $5700
> - Performance Analysis $1800
> - Database Audit $3600
> - Oracle Applications Installation $6800
> - High Availability Analysis $2600
> - Advanced Replication $6200
> - Real Application Clusters $6500
> - Standby Implementation $5700
> - Failover Implementation $4800

Dear Kim.

In c.d.o.marketplace your posting was appropriate. Here it is spam. Unappreciated. Inappropriate. And if you folks are seriously what you say you are then you should know the c.d.o. rules well enough not to have spammed us.

Please apologize and do not post advertising anywhere but c.d.o.marketplace again.

BTW: A few quick rhetorical comments.
Nation's leading? How do you know?
Oldest? Prove it!

Not only have you spammed us, not only are your prices unbelievable, but I have serious questions about the veracity of the claims in your first sentence. So why should anyone trust you with their database, hand you the password for SYS, or give you a hole through their firewall?

Thank you.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Mar 18 2003 - 10:43:25 CST