Java questions

From: Scott Mattes <Scott_at_TheMattesFamily.ws>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:16:02 GMT

I think that it is time to learn to use Java for Oracle and have started researching which book to buy to teach myself.

What I think that I have learned so far is 1) JDeveloper is just an IDE to make coding Java in all its Oracle flavors easier
2) JSP, Java Server Pages(?), is like ASP/php/etc, but it raises a question in my mind, do you need Forms if you use JSP? Seems like you wouldn't, but there must be some catch that I am not aware of 3) Java Stored Procedures, like PL/SQL, just using Java

Are there any other flavors? I am assuming that the next iteration of the project that I am on will be 9i and web forms, so where/which Java book would be a good starting place for someone with years of SQL and PL/SQL development experience?

Daniel, do you teach Java coding in your course? If so, what text do you use?

Thank you to all. Received on Tue Mar 18 2003 - 08:16:02 CST