Re: select question

From: music4 <music4_at_163.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:33:45 +0800

Once again, let me make my problem clear.

I use OCI in C++ language to develop my application on Sun Solaris platform.

I the select statement, I select "rowid" field. And in update statement, I just use rowid as WHERE clause. So that's no index problem.

On my server, the test result shows that the application can select and update 30-40 records per second. And select operation is fast, and most time spend on update operation. What's the reason why I want to avoid the update operation.

Do you have any more idea?

Thanks,
evan